Google has gone and done it again. They have updated their algorithm and this update has changed the way in which search results appear within Google search engines.
These updates not only impact the way in which advertisements appear but also how organic listings now look similar to advertisement listings.
So what is the latest Google Update?
- The Google update eliminated the advertisements, which appeared down the right hand side of desktop screens
- Google now introduced four advertisement listings instead of three at the top of the search results and also three advertisements at the bottom
Why has Google’s update helped Organic listings on Google Search engines?
“Now the top four Google AdWord listings seem to look very similar to the organic listings, which appear directly underneath the advertisements, and this is a major opportunity for brands and advertisers to invest in SEO Services”.
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is referred to has had some good and bad publicity over the years, and Google has constantly tried to level the playing field for brands, by rewarding websites which follow good SEO principals. Google has rewarded websites by ranking them higher up the search results listings if these websites provide good quality content, which engage their target market effectively.
And now for some reason, Google has not really differentiated the way in which advertisements are displayed, to those of organic listings and this now only reinforces the need for brands to invest in SEO marketing.
What are the benefits of Search Engine Optimisation?
- SEO provides ongoing free organic traffic to your website
- SEO listings have a higher click through rate than advertisements
- SEO promotes every aspect of your website’s products and services hence reducing the costs for multiple AdGroups being promoted through ad’s
- SEO delivers more targeted users to your site at much lower costs to you
- SEO enables brands to compete more effectively against advertisements
Now, I don’t want you to think that I am against Google Advertising nor do I think that SEO is a better solution than Google Ads (formerly known as AdWords), as I am certainly not. My company produces amazing results for our clients through Google Advertising campaigns.
What I am trying to point out, is that there is a major opportunity for brands to invest in Search Engine Optimisation services whilst the investment is still relatively low when compared to Google Ads and the results can be so fruitful.
There has never been a time like now to take full advantage of these SEO opportunities, made possible by these recent Google updates.
RGC Advertising is full service digital marketing agency in Sydney, Offering a wide range of SEO Services in Sydney and national locations to help clients reach their local consumers. For more information on how RGC Advertising could provide your brand with a FREE SEO Audit, please contact Richard on (02) 8883 2988 or email email@example.com